The Best Smartlock for the Money: Comparing the TrackR and the Tile Slim
If you have ever spent a day searching for your missed placed dive equipment, lost car keys, missing wallet or errant smartphone, you are certainly not alone. Millions of items go missing every year, and until now, finding them was a decidedly low-tech enterprise.
Now there is a high-tech way to find those missing items, and that is what the TrackR and Tile Slim smartlocks are all about. You know you need one, but which one provides the best bang for your buck? Below you will find a comparison of the two devices, so you can make up your own mind.
The aptly named TrackR is one of the most popular smartlocks on the market, with sales in excess of 2.5 million. It is easy to see why the TrackR is so popular, as it includes a number of handy features designed to find missed place dive equipment, lost car keys, smartphones and wallets in seconds. The technical specifications of the TrackR include:
- Water-resistant case — Buyers can outfit their TrackR smartlocks with a water-resistant case, making those days by the pool or vacations at the beach safer and more fun.
- Customer laser engraving — Each TrackR can be laser etched with a short message, making it easy to return the device quicky.
- Custom image uploading — Buyers can upload their own images and have them permanently printed on their TrackR devices as soon as their order is placed. That customization is a major selling point of the TrackR.
- Handy carabiner — The optional caribiner means TrackR buyers can securely attach the device to keys, purses and even water bottles.
The Tile Slim has a lot to recommend it, from its slim design to the state-of-the-art technology. In fact, the Tile Slim is currently the thinnest Bluetooth tracker on the market, with plenty of advantages and the ability to find your lost items with ease. Here are some of the features and benefits of the Tile Slim Bluetooth tracker.
- Easy to apply — The Tile Slim is designed to slide or stick to the slimmest and smallest places, from your phone to your passport to your laptop.
- A loud ring — You can ring the Tile Slim from anywhere, and the loud ring tone makes it easy to track your missing items and find out where they are hiding.
- Easy customization — The Tile Slim can be customized with one of four preset ringtones.
- The slimmest on the market — The appropriately named Tile Slim is as thin as two credit cards and fits virtually anywhere.
Both the TrackR and the Tile Slim have a lot to offer, and both can help you find your missed placed dive equipment, lost car keys, missing wallet and other items quickly and easily. The best way to decide which one fits your needs is to look at their features and benefits and determine which smartlock is best for your lifestyle.
Do you use a Smartlock? Any good Smartlock stories to share? Let us know below in the comments section.